Friday, October 29, 2010

Reflection for October 31

Reflections on Giving from the Vestry

Giving feeds the soul; it keeps our perspective heavenward. It is the perfect antidote to the consumerism and materialism that constantly threaten to distance us from God –Tracie Moxley

The people are The Church; I value being part of The Church, a worship community, the body of Christ, committed to a way of life that is open and receptive to being part of God’s redeeming work in the world. We gather regularly to listen to God’s word, share bread and wine, coffee and conversation. When we leave our sacred space, strengthened, we are better prepared to be God’s faithful servants in the world. I generously support the Church because I need to be part of this faith community; I need to participate in the regular worship services and learning opportunities so I may take the peace and love I experience in community out into the world to share with others. –Mary Jean Bond